Karzai to India Inc: Donít shy away from Afghanistan
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RCB vs MI: MI off to shaky start against RCB, lose Hussey early
Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai on Saturday told India Inc not to be "shy" when it comes to investing in his mineral-rich country and spoke of the gains reaped by the Chinese who invested early in the war-ravaged country.
"Indian businesses need not be shy when thinking of Afghanistan. Chinese businesses were there long before you came, five or six years ago. And they have now taken two or three major contracts," he said, addressing the captains of the industry here.
Karzai added that his administration will do all things possible and accord special treatment to Indian investors.
"We would like to give you a better platform. We would like to welcome you on a red carpet and others on a grey carpet. But you need to arrive on the red carpet. If you don't arrive on the red carpet, it will get dusty. Therefore, do hurry up in coming and take advantage of the opportunities in Afghanistan," said Karzai, who is on a four-day official visit to India.