Kasab hanged: Caution, anger, sympathy in Pakistan
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
A journalist of Express News told PTI that he contacted the district police chief and informed him about the behaviour of the plain clothes personnel.
"The police officers told us that it was better for us to leave the place as the villagers are very angry over the Kasab episode. They do not want to talk," the journalist said.
Kasab's Pakistani nationality has been a sensitive issue and reporting by the Pakistani media on most matters related to the assault, including the ongoing trial of seven Pakistanis, has mostly been perfunctory.
"There was a general impression that Kasab, like Afzal Guru, would not be hanged but this development has obviously put Pakistan in a bit of a shock," said Raza Rumi, editor of The Friday Times.
However, the debate on Kasab's execution on social networking and micro-blogging sites such as Twitter and Facebook and the websites of newspapers was more heated, with some suggesting that Indian death row prisoner Sarabjit Singh should be hanged for his alleged involvement in a string of bombings in Pakistan in 1990.