Kashmir: 4 persons killed in firing in Ramban district, Shinde orders probe
- Concept of marital rape cannot be applied in India: Centre
- VIDEO: Out of control unmanned Russian spacecraft plunging to Earth
- Rahul Gandhi accuses govt of not procuring farmers produce
- Coal scam: CBI files charge sheet against Naveen Jindal, 14 others
- Quake victims vent their anger during PM Koirala's visit; toll tops 6,000
Four people were killed and several others, including security personnel, injured in stone-pelting and the resultant firing today when a mob attacked a BSF camp in Ramban district over alleged high-handedness by a patrolling party.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde has ordered a probe into the firing incident.
The patrolling party of BSF deployed for the security of the (railway) project intercepted a youth roaming under suspicious circumstances in the Daram belt of Gool tehsil at around 1 A.M. today, Minister of State for Home, Sajjad Ahmed Kitchloo said here.
The youth, identified as one Shabir, was questioned about his presence in the area and may have been beaten up by the security personnel, Kitchloo said.
The disturbance was fuelled by statements from a moulvi of a local madrasa who denounced the action of the security personnel as having been sacrilegious, thereby allegedly inciting the people, Kitchloo said.
(With PTI inputs)