Kashmir: 4 persons killed in firing in Ramban district, Shinde orders probe
- Nitish, Lalu hit back, say Modi has insulted Bihar with 'BIMARU' comment
- AAP MLA Alka Lamba attacked again, this time during anti-drug drive
- All 67 AAP MLAs are ready to work from Tihar: Kejriwal to Modi
- Sonia Gandhi accuses Modi govt of diluting tribal land rights
- Two militants killed as Army foils infiltration bid in Kupwara district
Four people were killed and several others, including security personnel, injured in stone-pelting and the resultant firing today when a mob attacked a BSF camp in Ramban district over alleged high-handedness by a patrolling party.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde has ordered a probe into the firing incident.
The patrolling party of BSF deployed for the security of the (railway) project intercepted a youth roaming under suspicious circumstances in the Daram belt of Gool tehsil at around 1 A.M. today, Minister of State for Home, Sajjad Ahmed Kitchloo said here.
The youth, identified as one Shabir, was questioned about his presence in the area and may have been beaten up by the security personnel, Kitchloo said.
The disturbance was fuelled by statements from a moulvi of a local madrasa who denounced the action of the security personnel as having been sacrilegious, thereby allegedly inciting the people, Kitchloo said.
(With PTI inputs)