Kashmir: Militant killed in encounter
- Government issues notification for OROP implementation
- BJP marks strong electoral presence in Kerala civic polls
- Will ensure accountability of each and every penny: PM Modi on 80,000 cr J&K package
- #MarchforIndia rally: Nobody has the right to call our country intolerant, says Anupam Kher
- RSS destroying liberal, secular India: Rahul Gandhi
A militant was on Tuesday killed in an encounter with security forces in Handwara area in north Kashmir's Kupwara district.
The gunbattle broke out between security forces and militants at Budh Shungani in Handwara area, 90 kms from here, official sources said.
Troops of 6 Rashtriya Rifles and police had launched an anti-militancy operation Monday night following information about movement of three to four militants in the area.
They said one militant has been killed so far. The encounter was in progress till last reports came in.
Six militants have been killed in three separate operations in Handwara area this month.
- Across the aisle: Win or lose, Mr Modi will be on test in Bihar polls
- Reverse Swing: Narendra Modi's governance is a lost opportunity
- Fifth Column: Bihar’s future vs Bihar’s past
- Out of my mind: What India can learn from Margaret Thatcher on intolerance
- Inside Track: Strained relations
- Bihar polls: Reservations an effort to polarise India’s pluralistic society