Kashmir: Militant killed in encounter
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
A militant was on Tuesday killed in an encounter with security forces in Handwara area in north Kashmir's Kupwara district.
The gunbattle broke out between security forces and militants at Budh Shungani in Handwara area, 90 kms from here, official sources said.
Troops of 6 Rashtriya Rifles and police had launched an anti-militancy operation Monday night following information about movement of three to four militants in the area.
They said one militant has been killed so far. The encounter was in progress till last reports came in.
Six militants have been killed in three separate operations in Handwara area this month.