Kashmir: Militant killed in encounter
- BJP unhappy over Gadkari-Raj meeting, says it's a closed chapter
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- Special circumstances forced govt to take ordinance route: Salman Khurshid
- Nitin Gadkari-Raj Thackeray closeness could 'affect' alliance, hints Shiv Sena
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
A militant was on Tuesday killed in an encounter with security forces in Handwara area in north Kashmir's Kupwara district.
The gunbattle broke out between security forces and militants at Budh Shungani in Handwara area, 90 kms from here, official sources said.
Troops of 6 Rashtriya Rifles and police had launched an anti-militancy operation Monday night following information about movement of three to four militants in the area.
They said one militant has been killed so far. The encounter was in progress till last reports came in.
Six militants have been killed in three separate operations in Handwara area this month.
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for ‘Hindu-Muslim’ unity
- Villagers pay back Surat teacher in cash and kind
- ‘Hope Afridi’s last over sixes vs India leave a lasting impact like Miandad’s’
- Mulayam puts Akhilesh ministers on notice: ‘Mend your ways or lose job’
- Rehman’s believe-it-or-not: 8 runs from 0 balls
- Modi full of lies, deceit: Maya