Kashmir: Militant killed in encounter
- Kamal Nath fiasco: A self-goal and a sheepish acceptance by Congress
- Main suspect in rape, murder of Kerala Dalit woman arrested by police
- India's entry into NSG will make it 'legitimate nuclear power', break India-Pak nuke balance
- Education panel: ‘Curb politics on campus, put limits on campus stay’
- Alka Lamba ‘admits’ Kejriwal asked Rai to step down, loses job as AAP spokesperson
A militant was on Tuesday killed in an encounter with security forces in Handwara area in north Kashmir's Kupwara district.
The gunbattle broke out between security forces and militants at Budh Shungani in Handwara area, 90 kms from here, official sources said.
Troops of 6 Rashtriya Rifles and police had launched an anti-militancy operation Monday night following information about movement of three to four militants in the area.
They said one militant has been killed so far. The encounter was in progress till last reports came in.
- Islamists are far from ones seeking escape from ethical choices modernity confronts us
- Legislators must enforce accountability of the executive, exercise oversight
- Beneath the hype, the nervousness
- Imphal needs to build a consensus in the state on the bills rejected by the president
- Rebuilding The University
- Will regional parties shape India's national politics?