Katara case: Police reply on delay in recording statement
- Telangana fallout: Kiran Kumar Reddy set to resign as Andhra Pradesh CM, meets Seemandhra leaders
- Decision to black out Telangana proceedings taken by Lok Sabha secretariat, confirms Kamal Nath
- Telangana: Oppn terms blackout as 'tactical', Chiranjeevi threatens to stall Rajya Sabha
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination: Supreme Court spares convicts death, state may remit sentence
- Fascist Right-wing plot, says Tejpal, asks for CCTV footage that âvalidates meâ
Police on Tuesday told the Delhi High Court that the alleged delay of over a month in recording the statement of a key witness in the Nitish Katara murder case did not make the statement suspect. "The alleged delay in recording statement of prosecution witness (Ajay Katara), ipso facto, does not make the statement unbelievable and it cannot be held as fatal to the case of prosecution," special prosecutor Dayan Krishnan told a bench of Justices Gita Mittal and J R Midha. The prosecutor was replying to the contentions of the accused Vikas and Vishal Yadav, who claimed that Ajay Katara was "planted" as a witness by police.
Son smashes father's head against wall, held
New Delhi: A 40-year-old man died when his son slammed him into a wall, after an argument at their residence in Karawal Nagar, Northeast Delhi, on Tuesday. Lotan Chaudhary's head hit the wall. A case of murder has been registered against his son Joglal (20). "On Sunday, Joglal smashed Lotan's head against a wall. Later, he and his elder brother Naresh rushed Lotan to a hospital where he was declared dead," an officer said.
16-year-old domestic help found dead
New Delhi: A 16-year-old domestic help, working at the residence of a retired judge, was found dead on Monday morning. The incident was reported from Jhulelal Apartments in Netaji Subhash Place, Northwest Delhi. Police said the girl's body was found by the judge's driver. Her family has alleged murder, but police said that the autopsy report will help them reach a conclusion.
- Money talks: ‘Unanimous’ SLC gets on board with ICC revamp plan
- The great Game Folio: Silk routes
- In taxing times, realtors discover ‘fringe’ benefits
- Few takers for UT scholarships, students claim not enough info
- Interim budget focuses on transport but misses out on Metro Rail for UT
- GPP to become history, will merge with BJP next week in Modi’s presence