Kate Middleton will be a 'firm but fair' mom, says pal
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Amnesty welcomes SC verdict on transgender
- If Modi loses in Varanasi, no one will make him PM: Arvind Kejriwal
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
The Duchess of Cambridge - Kate Middleton - who is pregnant, will be a natural mom, say pals close to Prince William's wife of 18 months.
"Kate will be a firm but fair mother," the 'Us Weekly' magazine quoted her friend who is supposed to raise her baby-to-be in Apartment 1A of Kensington Palace.
Among the 30-year-old Duchess's top parenting priorities will be to keep her child grounded despite the little one's privileged upbringing, the magazine said.
"Kate will let her children have fun and freedom, but she will also make sure they do what is best for them," a longtime pal told the weekly.
According to the magazine, the child - third in line to the throne - will jump ahead of William's kid brother, Harry, in line for the throne now that the UK has enacted a constitutional change that gives a firstborn girl the right to succeed the throne over her younger brother.
Middleton will be the first commoner in 350 years to give birth to the future king or queen of England, the report said.
St James's Palace announced Kate's pregnancy, saying that the Duchess has a severe form of morning sickness and is currently in a London hospital.
William was at her side.
The news drew congratulations from around the world, with the hashtag "royalbaby" trending globally on Twitter.