Kate pregnancy: Royal hoax presenters off show until further notice
- Filmmakers join protest against 'intolerance'; Dibakar Banerjee, nine others return national awards
- L-G Najeeb Jung pressuring Satyendar Jain to grant parole to O P Chautala: Kejriwal
- Bihar election: 53.32 per cent polling in third phase, women outnumber men
- APJ Abdul Kalam's bungalow allotted to Mahesh Sharma, AAP protests govt's move
- Kerala House row: Hindu Sena chief Vishnu Gupta, who complained of beef, arrested
Two Australian radio presenters who duped a nurse at the hospital, which treated Prince William's pregnant wife Catherine will not return "until further notice", their station said today after the woman was found dead.
"Southern Cross Austereo and 2Day FM are deeply saddened by the tragic news of the death of nurse Jacintha Saldanha from King Edward VII's Hospital and we extend our deepest sympathies to her family and all that have been affected by this situation around the world," the station said in a statement on its Facebook page.
It said the presenters, Mel Grieg and Michael Christian, "are both deeply shocked" over news of the nurse's death.
"SCA and the hosts have decided that they will not return to their radio show until further notice out of respect for what can only be described as a tragedy."
The presenters had faced growing calls for their dismissal, with hundreds of angry comments posted on 2Day FM Facebook page while an online petition calling for them to be sacked for "gross misconduct" has already attracted more than 1,300 signatures.
- Lead the way
- Nukes Are Not For War
- Systematic and selective land titling, and charging owners extra, is an idea worth pushing
- UN missions bedrock of India’s military engagement and assistance to Africa
- Why can’t we have more civilised and intelligent discussions on TV
- Draw uniform civil code from different personal laws, give primacy to gender equity