Kate Winslet's 'Titanic' red gown up for auction
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
The iconic red 'jump dress' that Kate Winslet's character Rose DeWitt Bukater wore in 'Titanic' is slated to go under the hammer along with Orlando Bloom's 'Legolas' bow from 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogy at an auction here on December 15-16.
The 'Drama Action, Romance - The Hollywood Auction' by Profiles in History also features the original Gort helmet from sci-fi classic 'The Day the Earth Stood Still'.
Winslet's exquisite dress was designed by Deborah L Scott. This costume featured in one of the most memorable scenes of the movie when Rose and Jack meet for the first time on the windswept deck of the Titanic.
Jack, played by Leonardo DiCaprio, finds a distraught Rose leaning off a railing and stops her from leaping to her death.
The dress is expected to fetch USD 200,000 – USD 300,000.
While the bow was used by Bloom as 'Legolas' throughout the entire 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogy. The bow was presented to Legolas by Galadriel, played by Cate Blanchett.
The bow is 6 feet long and is expected to fetch USD 80,000 to USD 120,000.
The laser firing, vaporizing helmet is one of the greatest artifacts in science fiction film history. 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' starred Michael Rennie as the humanoid alien visitor, Klaatu, who comes to Earth, accompanied by a powerful eight-foot metal robot (Gort), to issue an ultimatum to humanity. The helmet is expected to fetch USD 100,000 – USD 150,000.