Kate Winslet's 'Titanic' red gown up for auction
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Two convicts get death sentence, life imprisonment for one
- Ban pellet guns in Kashmir, Omar Abdullah-led delegation asks PM Modi
- PM Modi, Afghan President Ghani jointly inaugurate renovated Stor Palace
- AAP doesn't have money to fight election: Kejriwal
- Kicking off UP poll campaign, Mayawati slams BJP-RSS, SP, is soft on Congress
The iconic red 'jump dress' that Kate Winslet's character Rose DeWitt Bukater wore in 'Titanic' is slated to go under the hammer along with Orlando Bloom's 'Legolas' bow from 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogy at an auction here on December 15-16.
The 'Drama Action, Romance - The Hollywood Auction' by Profiles in History also features the original Gort helmet from sci-fi classic 'The Day the Earth Stood Still'.
Winslet's exquisite dress was designed by Deborah L Scott. This costume featured in one of the most memorable scenes of the movie when Rose and Jack meet for the first time on the windswept deck of the Titanic.
Jack, played by Leonardo DiCaprio, finds a distraught Rose leaning off a railing and stops her from leaping to her death.
The dress is expected to fetch USD 200,000 – USD 300,000.
While the bow was used by Bloom as 'Legolas' throughout the entire 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogy. The bow was presented to Legolas by Galadriel, played by Cate Blanchett.
The bow is 6 feet long and is expected to fetch USD 80,000 to USD 120,000.
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon
- India’s new line that Pak will have to pay for cross-border terror was overdue
- Just how did Pakistan become so central to the definition of Indian patriotism?
- Why AAP needs to go back to school
- Next door Nepal: Detente in Kathmandu
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?