Kate Winslet's 'Titanic' red gown up for auction
- LIVE: Lok Sabha passes Telangana Bill, Jagan calls for bandh across Andhra Pradesh
- Your ministers used to throw dust, now they're using pepper spray to fool people: Modi to Cong
- Rajiv Gandhi's killers get relief, Supreme Court commutes death penalty to life
- Seven Naxals killed in police encounter in Gadchiroli
- Interim Budget 2014: Economy headache for next government
The iconic red 'jump dress' that Kate Winslet's character Rose DeWitt Bukater wore in 'Titanic' is slated to go under the hammer along with Orlando Bloom's 'Legolas' bow from 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogy at an auction here on December 15-16.
The 'Drama Action, Romance - The Hollywood Auction' by Profiles in History also features the original Gort helmet from sci-fi classic 'The Day the Earth Stood Still'.
Winslet's exquisite dress was designed by Deborah L Scott. This costume featured in one of the most memorable scenes of the movie when Rose and Jack meet for the first time on the windswept deck of the Titanic.
Jack, played by Leonardo DiCaprio, finds a distraught Rose leaning off a railing and stops her from leaping to her death.
The dress is expected to fetch USD 200,000 – USD 300,000.
While the bow was used by Bloom as 'Legolas' throughout the entire 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogy. The bow was presented to Legolas by Galadriel, played by Cate Blanchett.
The bow is 6 feet long and is expected to fetch USD 80,000 to USD 120,000.
The laser firing, vaporizing helmet is one of the greatest artifacts in science fiction film history. 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' starred Michael Rennie as the humanoid alien visitor, Klaatu, who comes to Earth, accompanied by a powerful eight-foot metal robot (Gort), to issue an ultimatum to humanity. The helmet is expected to fetch USD 100,000 – USD 150,000.
- ‘Job target now hinges on manufacturing’
- Murder of Sahu siblings: Court says convict to be in jail for ‘the rest of his life’
- Inauguration drama: Amid BJP’s boos and barbs, mayor stars in second act
- Police’s grievance cell flooded with complaints from cops, 15 in past year
- NDA lodges FIR after cadet goes missing, he returns to tell cops he missed family
- Allow us to install gates at Narmada dam, you take credit: Modi to Centre