Kate Winslet's 'Titanic' red gown up for auction
- Filmmakers join protest against 'intolerance'; Dibakar Banerjee, nine others return national awards
- L-G Najeeb Jung pressuring Satyendar Jain to grant parole to O P Chautala: Kejriwal
- Bihar election: 53.32 per cent polling in third phase, women outnumber men
- APJ Abdul Kalam's bungalow allotted to Mahesh Sharma, AAP protests govt's move
- Kerala House row: Hindu Sena chief Vishnu Gupta, who complained of beef, arrested
The iconic red 'jump dress' that Kate Winslet's character Rose DeWitt Bukater wore in 'Titanic' is slated to go under the hammer along with Orlando Bloom's 'Legolas' bow from 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogy at an auction here on December 15-16.
The 'Drama Action, Romance - The Hollywood Auction' by Profiles in History also features the original Gort helmet from sci-fi classic 'The Day the Earth Stood Still'.
Winslet's exquisite dress was designed by Deborah L Scott. This costume featured in one of the most memorable scenes of the movie when Rose and Jack meet for the first time on the windswept deck of the Titanic.
Jack, played by Leonardo DiCaprio, finds a distraught Rose leaning off a railing and stops her from leaping to her death.
The dress is expected to fetch USD 200,000 – USD 300,000.
While the bow was used by Bloom as 'Legolas' throughout the entire 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogy. The bow was presented to Legolas by Galadriel, played by Cate Blanchett.
The bow is 6 feet long and is expected to fetch USD 80,000 to USD 120,000.
- Instead of another revision, MPs should go for voluntary salary cuts
- India shouldn’t abandon its nuclear doctrine because of Pakistan’s tactical nukes
- Why can’t we have more civilised and intelligent discussions on TV
- Systematic and selective land titling, and charging owners extra, is an idea worth pushing
- UN missions bedrock of India’s military engagement and assistance to Africa
- Draw uniform civil code from different personal laws, give primacy to gender equity