Katju blames politicians for spreading communalism for vote-bank politics
- FIR against Giriraj Singh for Modi-Pak remark, BJP pulls him up
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Malaysian Airlines flight to Bangalore makes air turnback, lands safely
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- IPL 7 Live Score, RR vs KXIP: Miller blitzkrieg enables KXIP to pull off second succesful run-chase
"This is not only unjust but also helps the actual perpetrators of such heinous crimes escape the clutches of the law. The main reason behind this is that our police force are not suitably equipped with all the modern technology and state-of-art investigative techniques for nabbing the actual culprits", he said.
Whenever an incident of terror takes place, the police are under pressure to nab the culprits at the earliest and "the easiest way out is to implicate innocent persons to ease the pressure of public opinion", he said.
Katju described the release of noted Pakistani scientist Khalil Chishti from jail on the orders of the Supreme Court as "a very positive development" and said "I hope that on the other side of the fence, Indian prisoner Sarbjit Singh, against whom there is no concrete evidence, will also be released".
He said he had written to the President and Prime Minister of Pakistan on this matter.