Katrina Kaif all set to make it 10 in a row with 'Dhoom 3'
- LIVE: Lok Sabha passes Telangana Bill, Jagan calls for bandh across Andhra Pradesh
- Your ministers used to throw dust, now they're using pepper spray to fool people: Modi to Cong
- Rajiv Gandhi's killers get relief, Supreme Court commutes death penalty to life
- Seven Naxals killed in police encounter in Gadchiroli
- Interim Budget 2014: Economy headache for next government
In a year which has been dominated by Deepika Padukone, all eyes are now on Katrina Kaif to strike big before closing of the year. Though it has been a largely uneventful year for the actress as far as her Bollywood releases are concerned, she is looking forward to some cheers with 'Dhoom 3' marking an end to the year.
"More than anything else, it is also the consistency that matters," a filmmaker adds, "She has never done films in haste and almost all her choices have borne fruit. Let's not forget that she has had nine successes or at least average runners in a row and her last flop was way back in 2008 (Yuvvraaj). The kind of glorious run that she has enjoyed is unparalleled."
Though it is a given that with just a single release this year, Katrina would have to make the most out of 'Dhoom 3', the fact remains that the franchise factor as well as numerous positives going in the film's favour would make her confident of an impending success ahead.
"It is a given that the film would open well. However Katrina requires much more than just that," an insider comments, "The stakes have gone further higher up for her due to two reasons. First and foremost she hasn't seen a release for over a year with 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' being her last film. On the other hand, the interim period has seen Deepika Padukone run far ahead in the race by accumulating over Rs. 600 crores with her four releases (Race 2, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, Chennai Express and Ram Leela)."
While that is a huge total indeed that would take some time to be surpassed, for Katrina the first milestone is for 'Dhoom 3' to cross the Rs. 200 crore mark so that she enters the elite exclusive club which currently has members like 'Chennai Express' and '3 Idiots'.
- The great Game Folio: SILK ROUTES
- ‘Job target now hinges on manufacturing’
- Murder of Sahu siblings: Court says convict to be in jail for ‘the rest of his life’
- Inauguration drama: Amid BJP’s boos and barbs, mayor stars in second act
- Police’s grievance cell flooded with complaints from cops, 15 in past year
- NDA lodges FIR after cadet goes missing, he returns to tell cops he missed family