Katrina Kaif is not Salman Khan's leading lady in Sooraj Barjatya's film
- Live: Hurriyat hardliner Masarat Alam's release rocks Parliament, Cong seeks PM's statement
- Dimapur lynching: On social media, first ‘rape’, then ‘Bangladesh man’
- Seconds before being stabbed, Indian techie called husband to say she was being followed
- Land acquisition debate: ‘They gave us a window, then went back to 1894’
- Beef ban may spell doom for Dharavi leather trade
Rumours were doing the rounds that Sooraj Barjatya's film will bring ex-flames Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif back on screen again.
However sources close to the project revealed that the leading lady of the yet untitled film has not been finalised yet.
There was a buzz that Salman will be seen romancing either Parineeti Chopra or Ileana D'Cruz, in the upcoming venture.
"We have not finalised any leading lady yet opposite Salman. We might go with known faces (established actress) or a fresh face but nothing is confirmed yet. Only Salman is on board," a source close to the project said.
Even Anushka Sharma's name had come up.
The film would mark the reunion of Salman Khan and Sooraj Barjatya after a gap of almost 14 years. The duo had last worked in 1999 family drama titled Hum Saath Saath Hain.
The new film will be a family drama with only one hero and heroine, the source said.
The makers will start shooting for the film from June next year with the shooting taking place in Mumbai, Gujarat and Rajasthan.