Katrina Kaif upset and distressed over leaked bikini pics with Ranbir Kapoor
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Katrina Kaif recently made headlines when a leading magazine published her bikini pictures. The actress was snapped holidaying in Spain with her rumoured boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor.
The duo, who have never openly declared their relationship, seemed to be enjoying a sunny day at the beach on their Spanish holiday.
However, Katrina Kaif was not pleased at all with this "invasion of privacy" as she puts it.
Katrina, who has just returned from Sri Lanka after spending quality time with Ranbir, has sent an open letter to the media with an appeal that all media running the pictures of her Spanish escapades refrain from doing so.
"I am writing this to say that I feel most upset, distressed and invaded at my pictures published in a film magazine (and which were carried by other media). The pictures were taken while I was on holiday by someone who, in an act of cowardice, has shot without permission and then used the pictures for commercial gain," she wrote in her letter.
"There is a breed of journalism that preys on celebrities in the worst possible manner crossing all lines of privacy and decency. Running these pictures shows support for this school of journalism."
"I request that all media running these pictures please refrain from doing so. I have a wonderful relationship with the media and have been accessible to the media at all times. There is no reason for this furtive and invasive behaviour," her letter further read.
On the flip side though, Ram Kamal Mukherjee, Editor of Stardust Magazine, which had published Ranbir-Katrina holiday pics, disagreed with Katrina.
On asked about how Stardust managed to get the private moments on camera, Ram reveals the pictures were clicked in Spain by an international photographer.
Katrina and Ranbir were spending sometime on the beach, indulging in some water sports.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express