Katrina Kaif's sister steps into acting with Salman Khan's help
- CVC, CIC appointments irk Jethmalani, says respect for Modi ends today
- Despite India's objections, Pakistan holds elections in Gilgit-Baltistan
- Ready to 'drink poison' to crush the 'cobra' of communalism: Lalu
- TDP MLA accuses CM Chandrasekhara Rao of phone tapping, files FIR
- Bombay High Court bans horse-drawn carriages calling them illegal
Slow and steady seems to be the course of Katrina Kaif's younger sister Isabel's career.
She has been signed for the second lead opposite British Indian actor Kunal Nayyar in French director Jean-Francois Pouliot's Dr Cabbie. The film co-produced by Salman Khan, features Vinay Virmani who played one of the title roles in Bejoy Nambiar's undervalued David.
The story goes that Salman wanted to cast Isabel opposite Virmani. But by the time the decision was taken to cast her, it was too late.
Says a source close to the project, "The G I Joe actress Adriane Palicki had already been signed opposite Vinay. So Isabel stepped in to co-star with the film's second lead Kunal Nayyar who has worked in the hit British series The Big Bang Theory."
Sources from Canada where the film is being shot say co-producer Salman Khan is taking a keen interest in the project and in Isabel's role.
According to sources, Isabelle would make her full-fledged Bollywood debut in 2014 in a film that may be jointly co-produced by Salman and Katrina.
Speaking from Canada, the film's leading man Vinay Virmani said, "Isabel has joined our project. She's a really sweet girl, very easy-going and fun to work with."