Katy Perry auctions off signed guitar
- Solar scam case: Kerala court orders FIR against CM Oommen Chandy
- Supreme Court recalls order appointing former judge Virendra Singh as UP Lokayukta
- Arunachal Governor cited ‘cow slaughter’ protest as one sign of law & order collapse in state
- BJP leader held for alleged cow slaughter in Madhya Pradesh, gets expelled from party
- Indian-American Muslims flay Government move against AMU, Jamia
Pop star Katy Perry auctioned off her signed guitar to raise money for the benefit of the American Foundation for AIDS Research at the amfAR Inspiration Gala.
Entrepreneur Joe Francis kicked off the bidding with $10,000, but New York Giants owner Steve Tisch won the war by giving $32,000 for the music instrument.
As a bonus, the 27-year-old singer promised to take the winning bidder to gay bar, The Abbey, a media report said.
The former wife of Russell Brand later took the stage to wrap up the fundraiser by singing her songs 'Wide Awake' & 'Firework' and covering Bonnie Raitt's 'I Can't Make You Love Me'.
Perry wore a taupe, rose and ivory off-shoulder gown with a crystal belt. The pop star also posed with other celebrity guests including actress Kate Hudson.
Other attendees included Sarah Jessica Parker, Alessandra Ambrosio, Rumer Willis, Kristin Davis, Mark Salling, Octavia Spencer and Rose McGowan.
- Does Masood's 'protective custody' reflect Pak army's new policy?
- Are we, the people of India, being used by terror?
- New political generation wants democratic socialism, and also economic security
- The Union budget needs to incentivise savings to rescue public sector banks.
- Dalit scholar’s death exposed inability of casteist Hindu to be modern
- Annotated edition of Hitler's Mein Kemph