Katy Perry auctions off signed guitar
- CBI arrests Peter Mukerjea, says he was aware of Sheena Bora murder
- Pay panel suggests 23.55% hike, minimum pay of Rs 18,000 per month
- Paris attacks 'mastermind' Abdelhamid Abaaoud died in Saint-Denis raid
- HS Phoolka releases video of Rajiv Gandhi's speech justifying 1984 riots
- Rahul accuses PM, dares govt to take action on citizenship row
Pop star Katy Perry auctioned off her signed guitar to raise money for the benefit of the American Foundation for AIDS Research at the amfAR Inspiration Gala.
Entrepreneur Joe Francis kicked off the bidding with $10,000, but New York Giants owner Steve Tisch won the war by giving $32,000 for the music instrument.
As a bonus, the 27-year-old singer promised to take the winning bidder to gay bar, The Abbey, a media report said.
The former wife of Russell Brand later took the stage to wrap up the fundraiser by singing her songs 'Wide Awake' & 'Firework' and covering Bonnie Raitt's 'I Can't Make You Love Me'.
Perry wore a taupe, rose and ivory off-shoulder gown with a crystal belt. The pop star also posed with other celebrity guests including actress Kate Hudson.
Other attendees included Sarah Jessica Parker, Alessandra Ambrosio, Rumer Willis, Kristin Davis, Mark Salling, Octavia Spencer and Rose McGowan.
- What Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar won’t say
- Results of local elections indicate that the BSP is regaining ground in UP
- The idea of Bihar: Social justice cohesion should be consolidated further
- Why the British commemorate Tipu Sultan
- Why my newspaper responded to Assam Rifles notice
- India is indebted to Shanti Bhushan for undoing Indira Gandhi’s 42nd Amendment