Katy Perry auctions off signed guitar
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
Pop star Katy Perry auctioned off her signed guitar to raise money for the benefit of the American Foundation for AIDS Research at the amfAR Inspiration Gala.
Entrepreneur Joe Francis kicked off the bidding with $10,000, but New York Giants owner Steve Tisch won the war by giving $32,000 for the music instrument.
As a bonus, the 27-year-old singer promised to take the winning bidder to gay bar, The Abbey, a media report said.
The former wife of Russell Brand later took the stage to wrap up the fundraiser by singing her songs 'Wide Awake' & 'Firework' and covering Bonnie Raitt's 'I Can't Make You Love Me'.
Perry wore a taupe, rose and ivory off-shoulder gown with a crystal belt. The pop star also posed with other celebrity guests including actress Kate Hudson.
Other attendees included Sarah Jessica Parker, Alessandra Ambrosio, Rumer Willis, Kristin Davis, Mark Salling, Octavia Spencer and Rose McGowan.
The benefit event was hosted by Chelsea Handler and raised more than $1.3 million.