Katy Perry auctions off signed guitar
- Bihar polls: Jitan Ram Manjhi announces alliance with BJP
- NSCN-K plans revenge attack; high alert sounded across Northeast
- Pak Senate slams Modi's remarks, passes resolution
- Parrikar says those who 'fear India's new posture' have started reacting
- Airtel calls it ‘standard solution’, but experts say 'spy code' is illegal
Pop star Katy Perry auctioned off her signed guitar to raise money for the benefit of the American Foundation for AIDS Research at the amfAR Inspiration Gala.
Entrepreneur Joe Francis kicked off the bidding with $10,000, but New York Giants owner Steve Tisch won the war by giving $32,000 for the music instrument.
As a bonus, the 27-year-old singer promised to take the winning bidder to gay bar, The Abbey, a media report said.
The former wife of Russell Brand later took the stage to wrap up the fundraiser by singing her songs 'Wide Awake' & 'Firework' and covering Bonnie Raitt's 'I Can't Make You Love Me'.
Perry wore a taupe, rose and ivory off-shoulder gown with a crystal belt. The pop star also posed with other celebrity guests including actress Kate Hudson.
Other attendees included Sarah Jessica Parker, Alessandra Ambrosio, Rumer Willis, Kristin Davis, Mark Salling, Octavia Spencer and Rose McGowan.
The benefit event was hosted by Chelsea Handler and raised more than $1.3 million.