Kaushal, the brain behind Pensionerís Bhawan, dies
- Matter is serious, will take action against Bhagwat Mann: Speaker
- Hooliganism going on in name of gau raksha: Gujarat Chief Secretary
- Adarsh Society case: SC stays demolition, asks Defence Ministry to 'secure' building
- SC to hear plea seeking Governor's rule in Jammu and Kashmir
- ED slaps money laundering case against former Haryana CM BS Hooda
B R Kaushal, the man who conceived the idea of bringing pensioners from all fields together with the formation of the Pensioner's Bhawan at the Mini-Secretariat, died late Wednesday evening.
Police said Kaushal succumbed to injuries he suffered after falling down from his scooter. "It was not an accident. Nobody is at fault. Around 4 pm, when the victim was riding a scooter and going to CRP Colony in Dugri, he lost balance and fell down which led to injuries. Being old, his injuries proved fatal," said Jagtar Singh, Assistant Sub-Inspector, Dugri police station.
The victim was rushed to Dayanand Medical College and Hospital, where he was declared dead on arrival.