Kavi Sammelan on Day 5 of fest, end of sport events
- What signal is Obama administration sending by selling more F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan?
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurates 'Make in India Week' in Mumbai
- JNU student leader held on ‘sedition’ charges over Afzal Guru event
- JNU arrests over Afzal Guru event are ill-judged, threatens basic rights
- Live updates from the David Headley deposition before Mumbai court
With three days to go for the 24th edition of the Pune Festival to close, several events and competitions are now wrapping up. The West ZoneBoxingTournament saw almost 150 young contestants competing over the course of the two-day championship battle.
Though all the matches are over now, the results are yet to be announced. Tuesday, the day fifth of the festival, marked the end of sporting events such as golf, boxing, ice skating, roll ball tournament, cycle rallies and motorcycle fiestas.
The day's highlight was the Hindi Hasya Kavi Sammelan at Shree Ganesh Kala Krida Rangmanch which is one of the most popular events of the festival. This year, the meet featured veteran poets such as Surinder Sharma, Rajendra Malviya, Ghansham Agarwal and Sanjay Lodha of the Taarak Mehta fame.
At Balgandharva Rangmandir, independent artistes and an orchestra paid tribute to Dev Anand, Shammi Kapoor, Rajesh Khanna, Joy Mukherjee and Jagjit Singh. The elderly audience seemed thrilled at the chance to relive their younger days.
Tribute to Legends was presented by Jitendra Bhuruk and his group.