Kavi Sammelan on Day 5 of fest, end of sport events
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
With three days to go for the 24th edition of the Pune Festival to close, several events and competitions are now wrapping up. The West ZoneBoxingTournament saw almost 150 young contestants competing over the course of the two-day championship battle.
Though all the matches are over now, the results are yet to be announced. Tuesday, the day fifth of the festival, marked the end of sporting events such as golf, boxing, ice skating, roll ball tournament, cycle rallies and motorcycle fiestas.
The day's highlight was the Hindi Hasya Kavi Sammelan at Shree Ganesh Kala Krida Rangmanch which is one of the most popular events of the festival. This year, the meet featured veteran poets such as Surinder Sharma, Rajendra Malviya, Ghansham Agarwal and Sanjay Lodha of the Taarak Mehta fame.
At Balgandharva Rangmandir, independent artistes and an orchestra paid tribute to Dev Anand, Shammi Kapoor, Rajesh Khanna, Joy Mukherjee and Jagjit Singh. The elderly audience seemed thrilled at the chance to relive their younger days.
Tribute to Legends was presented by Jitendra Bhuruk and his group.
Meanwhile, at Yashwantrao Chavan Natyagruh, Parag Mehendale, Suvarna Malegaonkar, Sanjeev Mehendale, Pradnya Deshpande and Pramod Ranade regaled the audience with popular songs from Marathi movies in a programme titled Akashganga.