Kavi Sammelan on Day 5 of fest, end of sport events
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
With three days to go for the 24th edition of the Pune Festival to close, several events and competitions are now wrapping up. The West ZoneBoxingTournament saw almost 150 young contestants competing over the course of the two-day championship battle.
Though all the matches are over now, the results are yet to be announced. Tuesday, the day fifth of the festival, marked the end of sporting events such as golf, boxing, ice skating, roll ball tournament, cycle rallies and motorcycle fiestas.
The day's highlight was the Hindi Hasya Kavi Sammelan at Shree Ganesh Kala Krida Rangmanch which is one of the most popular events of the festival. This year, the meet featured veteran poets such as Surinder Sharma, Rajendra Malviya, Ghansham Agarwal and Sanjay Lodha of the Taarak Mehta fame.
At Balgandharva Rangmandir, independent artistes and an orchestra paid tribute to Dev Anand, Shammi Kapoor, Rajesh Khanna, Joy Mukherjee and Jagjit Singh. The elderly audience seemed thrilled at the chance to relive their younger days.
Tribute to Legends was presented by Jitendra Bhuruk and his group.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi