Kazmi to fight for ‘innocent’ youth held on terror charges
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's book by Rajiv Gandhi govt was wrong: Chidambaram
- Woman IPS officer transferred after spat with Haryana health minister
- Pakistan ready for talks with India without preconditions, says Nawaz Sharif: Report
- Cabinet expansion in Maharashtra sets pitch for lobbying in BJP
- Bhushans should join BJP, says AAP after criticism of Janlokpal
Syed Mohammad Ahmed Kazmi, the journalist held for his alleged role in the attack on an Israeli diplomat in Delhi, said Friday he will fight for the release of innocent men held on fabricated terror charges.
Together with his lawyer Mahmood Paracha, Kazmi will launch a forum to provide free legal assistance to such men. "It is important they receive the best legal aid available. In several cases, lawyers are under pressure from the bar council to not represent certain suspects. Most importantly, we will give them the moral support they require when the support of their family and friends is withdrawn," said Paracha.
Given bail by the Supreme Court in October, Kazmi claimed he had been arrested because he was a "soft target" and "his career graph suited the Delhi Police".
- True economic reform is one that makes a clean break from the past
- When Aamir chooses to talk about fears of Hindu intolerance, he does his faith a disservice
- Cricket is the only Indian religion in whose name people don’t kill each other
- There is a complaint about intolerance from those who frankly don’t like the change in govt
- Inside track: Changing tactics
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities