KBC is bigger and better this time: Siddharth Basu
- Centre slashes petrol, diesel prices by Rs 2; Delhi rates go up due to VAT
- PM Modi launches Skill India, says war against poverty will be won
- Indian Army says drone shot down by Pak not its
- CBI arrests Karnataka Congress MLA Anil Lad in illegal mining case
- Swati Maliwal not even remotely connected to me: Kejriwal on DCW row
The fifth season of the hit reality game show 'Kaun Banega Crorepati,' hosted by Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan will be bigger and better.
KBC is an Indian reality game show based on the UK game show 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?' The show that is produced by Big Synergy Media Ltd will have innovations in the game like 'Ghar Baithe Jeeto Jackpot,' 'Machaha Padav' in the money tree and special episodes like Jodi special and school special and others.
"It is bigger and better this time with a deeper connect with the contestants from the heart of India. KBC is not just another quiz show its much about the human story. Both knowledge and drama step into a higher gear this year," said Siddharth Basu, CMD of Big Synergy Media Ltd.
About the innovations in the format for the fifth season, Basu said, "There will be access to Rs 5 crore top prize, attempting jackpot for a home viewer in every episodes, there will be special themes and special episodes among other things."
The show, which will run into 14 weeks, will begin airing from Monday to Thursday on Sony television.