KBC is bigger and better this time: Siddharth Basu
- Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Doctors in UP call off strike after Allahabad HC's intervention
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
The fifth season of the hit reality game show 'Kaun Banega Crorepati,' hosted by Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan will be bigger and better.
KBC is an Indian reality game show based on the UK game show 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?' The show that is produced by Big Synergy Media Ltd will have innovations in the game like 'Ghar Baithe Jeeto Jackpot,' 'Machaha Padav' in the money tree and special episodes like Jodi special and school special and others.
"It is bigger and better this time with a deeper connect with the contestants from the heart of India. KBC is not just another quiz show its much about the human story. Both knowledge and drama step into a higher gear this year," said Siddharth Basu, CMD of Big Synergy Media Ltd.
About the innovations in the format for the fifth season, Basu said, "There will be access to Rs 5 crore top prize, attempting jackpot for a home viewer in every episodes, there will be special themes and special episodes among other things."
The show, which will run into 14 weeks, will begin airing from Monday to Thursday on Sony television.
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students