Keenan, Reuben murder trial from Nov 6
- Bulandshahr gangrape case: SC pulls up Azam Khan for calling the incident 'political conspiracy'
- Rajnath Singh to lead all-party team to Kashmir on September 4
- Banks, govt offices reopen, private cars back on roads as curfew lifted in most parts of Kashmir
- Expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa says won't resign from Rajya Sabha
- Scorpene Submarine data leak being viewed 'very seriously', says Navy chief
The Sewree fast-track court framed charges on Tuesday in the 2011 Keenan-Reuben murder case and said the trial would begin November 6. It accepted all charges pressed in a draft application submitted in July.
Accused Jitendra Rana, Sunil Bodh, Satish Dulhaj and Dipak Tival have been booked for murder, criminal conspiracy, using word, gesture or committing acts intended to insult the modesty of a woman, insult with intent to provoke breach of peace and also under sections of Bombay Police Act.
Police had filed a 416-page chargesheet against the accused before Andheri Metropolitan Magistrate Court in January this year after recording statements of 21 witnesses.
Keenan Santos (24) and Reuben Fernandez (29) were stabbed on October 20 last year after they protested alleged harassment of their woman friends by a group of men near a paan shop in Amboli, Andheri (W)
- Public policy today, demands a bureaucracy less generalist
- Ironically, freedom of speech was first restricted to curb anti-Pakistan views
- Scorpene data leak underlines hazards of India’s dependence for military hardware
- Government has the opportunity to rein in food inflation on a sustainable basis
- PM Dahal must address coalition concerns, balance relations with India, China
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism