Keenan, Reuben murder trial from Nov 6
The Sewree fast-track court framed charges on Tuesday in the 2011 Keenan-Reuben murder case and said the trial would begin November 6. It accepted all charges pressed in a draft application submitted in July.
Accused Jitendra Rana, Sunil Bodh, Satish Dulhaj and Dipak Tival have been booked for murder, criminal conspiracy, using word, gesture or committing acts intended to insult the modesty of a woman, insult with intent to provoke breach of peace and also under sections of Bombay Police Act.
Police had filed a 416-page chargesheet against the accused before Andheri Metropolitan Magistrate Court in January this year after recording statements of 21 witnesses.
Keenan Santos (24) and Reuben Fernandez (29) were stabbed on October 20 last year after they protested alleged harassment of their woman friends by a group of men near a paan shop in Amboli, Andheri (W)
While Keenan died soon after, Reuben succumbed to injuries at an Andheri hospital on October 30
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students
- Ecclestone rules out Indian GP in 2015
- Captain Vidic abandons sinking ship at Manchester United, to sign for Inter Milan
- ‘50% voters in state between 20-39 years’
- Eye on Muslim votes, Modi’s Chai pe Charcha moves closer to home
- Saina lone Indian to survive opening day of All England