Keenanís father writes to PM, demands stronger laws for womenís safety
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured in road accident in Jaipur; one dead
- Fadnavis rubbishes reports of flight delay, threatens to take legal action
- Madrasas to be de-recognised in Maharashtra; Congress calls the move unconstitutional
- Rs 526 crore for AAP govt publicity; Congress asks is it to purchase media
- Fearing action, 1400 primary teachers with fake degree resign in Bihar
He stressed that quick trials are necessary to bring criminals to book. "A specialised fast-track court should be attached to every sessions court for offences related to women. Time lines should be defined for redressal of cases in these specialised courts," he wrote.
His comments come days after Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh announced that additional women constables would be deployed at each police station. "There are certain things about which women are uncomfortable talking to male officers. There need to be more women officers in police stations," said Santos.
On Monday, the Santos family was going to attend the midnight mass at St Blaise Church in Amboli for the first time since the two youths were killed. "This year, we have decided to go the mass but the charm and enjoyment of Christmas will be missing," said Valerian.