Keenanís father writes to PM, demands stronger laws for womenís safety
- 'Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid'
- Kaushambi to Kanpur: Arvind Kejriwal kicks off three-day UP yatra
- State Forest Dept guest house is police custody for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade
- Sorry to kill a great story, thereâs no Hercule Parrot
He stressed that quick trials are necessary to bring criminals to book. "A specialised fast-track court should be attached to every sessions court for offences related to women. Time lines should be defined for redressal of cases in these specialised courts," he wrote.
His comments come days after Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh announced that additional women constables would be deployed at each police station. "There are certain things about which women are uncomfortable talking to male officers. There need to be more women officers in police stations," said Santos.
On Monday, the Santos family was going to attend the midnight mass at St Blaise Church in Amboli for the first time since the two youths were killed. "This year, we have decided to go the mass but the charm and enjoyment of Christmas will be missing," said Valerian.