Keetu murder case: Main accused held
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
The police on Wednesday arrested the main accused in the murder case of Punjab MLA Malkit Singh Keetu murder case, who was gunned down by his nephews on October 29. Harpreet Singh Grewal, son of Keetu's brother, was arrested during a security check near Bilaspur village. A rifle used in the crime was also recovered from him, an SSP said. Another accused, Harpal Singh, also surrendered before the police on Wednesday.
'Sirsa first solar district in country'
Chandigarh: The Haryana government on Wednesday claimed that Sirsa, Haryana, was the first district in the country where all the villages had solar lights. "Haryana Renewable Energy Department has spent Rs 12.65 crore to install solar lights in the villages. Under the Jawaharlal Nehru Solar Mission, more than 5, 000 solar lights have been installed in 334 villages of the district," a state government spokesperson said.
Haryana to train anganwadi workers
Chandigarh: To reduce malnutrition among children and improve young child feeding practices, the Haryana Women and Child Development Department has decided to train the 173 batches of anganwadi workers, Sakshar Mahila Samoohs, self help groups on infant and young child feeding at block level. Sumita Misra, Director General, Women and Child Development Department, said Rs 17.30 lakh had been released to all programme officers in the state for the execution of the project.
Kids working at railway lines to be educated
Chandigarh: The District Child Protection Committee, Hisar, constituted under the aegis of Haryana Women and Child Development Department has decided to provide informal education through games to children engaged in various works at railway stations.
SDO arrested on corruption charges
Chandigarh: The Haryana State Vigilance Bureau caught Sunil Kumar, Sub-Divisional
Officer (SDO), Power Utilities, Bahu village, Jhajjar, allegedly accepting an illegal gratification of Rs 12,000 from complainant Satbir Singh, a resident of the same village, in lieu of giving him an electricity connection for a tubewell. A VB spokesperson said a case on charges of corruption had been registered against Kumar.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it