Kejriwal interested only in defaming people: Congress
- Vote Supriya or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- India to pay Russia for arms, ammo it sells to Afghanistan
The Congress party on Saturday hit out at activist Arvind Kejriwal for levelling charges of financial wrongdoing against people through the media and alleged that his only aim is to defame people.
"If he (Kejriwal) has any evidence he should go to the government or any government agency. Merely by levelling allegations before the media he can only defame somebody but cannot get anything substantial out of it. This shows that he is only interested in defaming people," Congress spokesperson
Rashid Alvi told reporters.
He challenged that if Kejriwal has any genuine documents then he should hand them over to the government.
"If anybody has done anything wrong law will take its own course," Alvi said.
Kejriwal had alleged yesterday that Congress MP from Unnao, Annu Tandon has a Swiss bank account in which she has illegally stashed Rs 100 Crore. Tandon had denied the charge.
Asked about his source, Kejriwal had said it was a newly inducted minister in the Union Cabinet.
Alvi said today that Kejriwal should disclose the name of the leader who revealed the details.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer