Kejriwal takes oath as Delhi CM, keeps Home, Finance and Vigilance
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi files his nomination from Varanasi, says technology upgradation and branding needed for development of Kashi
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Manmohan Singh casts vote in Guwahati, dismisses Modi-wave in country
- Letter by Xavier's principal criticising Gujarat model taken down from college website
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Slow voting in Mumbai, UP records 24 % in first four hours
Arvind Kejriwal has become the youngest Chief Minister of Delhi today. As many as six ministers also took oath along with Kejriwal. In an unprecedented move, the swearing-in ceremony is being held at Ramlila Maidan instead of state Assembly.
Here are the highlights:
1.50 pm: Arvind Kejriwal has kept Home, Finance, Planning and Vigilance with himself as part of portfolio allocation.
Other Cabinet members and departments:
Manish Sisodia: Education, Higher Education, PWD
Somnath Bharti: Tourism, Law, Administrative Reforms
Rakhi Birla: Women and Child Development. She will also take care of women's security
Girish Soni: SC, ST, Employment and Labour.
Satyendra Kumar Jain: Health, Industries
1.10 pm: Arvind Kejriwal at Secretariat with his ministers. He is likely to take decision on portfolio allocation at the secretariat.
12.38 pm: I am confident that Arvind Kejriwal will do a good job, says Anna Hazare.
12.32 pm: "If a government official asks you for bribe, say yes, inform us...we'll catch them red-handed," says Arvind Kejriwal.
12.27 pm: Arvind Kejriwal tells his ministers to make sure they never get arrogant. "I am sure we will win if we walk on the path of truth," he said.
He also thanked BJP's Harsh Vardhan calling him a "very fine man".
Kejriwal also said that there were several honest bureaucrats who wanted to work for the welfare of the country, adding that the need was for all to come together.
12.22 pm: "We do not have solution to all the problems, we do not have a magic wand...but if we join hands, we can do miracles," says Arvind Kejriwal.
12.17 pm: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal begins his speech with 'Bharat Mata ki Jai' and 'Inquilab Zindabad', says "people of Delhi have taken oath as Chief Minister and ministers today".
12.14 pm: A total of six ministers have sworn in along with Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal at Ramlila Maidan.
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling