Kejriwal takes oath as Delhi CM, keeps Home, Finance and Vigilance
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
Arvind Kejriwal has become the youngest Chief Minister of Delhi today. As many as six ministers also took oath along with Kejriwal. In an unprecedented move, the swearing-in ceremony is being held at Ramlila Maidan instead of state Assembly.
Here are the highlights:
1.50 pm: Arvind Kejriwal has kept Home, Finance, Planning and Vigilance with himself as part of portfolio allocation.
Other Cabinet members and departments:
Manish Sisodia: Education, Higher Education, PWD
Somnath Bharti: Tourism, Law, Administrative Reforms
Rakhi Birla: Women and Child Development. She will also take care of women's security
Girish Soni: SC, ST, Employment and Labour.
Satyendra Kumar Jain: Health, Industries
1.10 pm: Arvind Kejriwal at Secretariat with his ministers. He is likely to take decision on portfolio allocation at the secretariat.
12.38 pm: I am confident that Arvind Kejriwal will do a good job, says Anna Hazare.
12.32 pm: "If a government official asks you for bribe, say yes, inform us...we'll catch them red-handed," says Arvind Kejriwal.
12.27 pm: Arvind Kejriwal tells his ministers to make sure they never get arrogant. "I am sure we will win if we walk on the path of truth," he said.
He also thanked BJP's Harsh Vardhan calling him a "very fine man".
Kejriwal also said that there were several honest bureaucrats who wanted to work for the welfare of the country, adding that the need was for all to come together.
12.22 pm: "We do not have solution to all the problems, we do not have a magic wand...but if we join hands, we can do miracles," says Arvind Kejriwal.
12.17 pm: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal begins his speech with 'Bharat Mata ki Jai' and 'Inquilab Zindabad', says "people of Delhi have taken oath as Chief Minister and ministers today".
12.14 pm: A total of six ministers have sworn in along with Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal at Ramlila Maidan.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties