Kelkar panel meets to review development in divisions
- âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Ramdev âgoes liveâ on poll funding, Congress hits BJP on black money
- Narendra Modi sent emissaries to open talks on Kashmir: Geelani
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Probe Ajit Pawar tape âthreateningâ to cut water supply: EC tells Pune collector
The high-level Vijay Kelkar committee, appointed by the state government to look into the anomalies in development works in the district and recommend measures for equitable distribution of development expenditure, has been meeting for the last two days at YASHDA in the city .
Head of the committee Vijay Kelkar said it was a routine meeting where all divisions including Pune came up for discussion. The 14-member panel had also recently held a meeting with the elected representatives and government officials in the city.
Governor K Sankaranarayanan had issued directions to the state government to appoint an expert committee to identify problems and issues involved in the equitable distribution of development expenditure as well as backlog in various regions.
The committee is reviewing the impact of statutory development boards. The VM Dandekar committee had suggested setting up of statutory development boards more than 25 years ago.