Kendriya Vidyalaya, Ganeshkhind 1st to get NABET accreditation in city
- Lok Sabha elections: First phase of polling ends, Assam records 72 pc voting, Tripura 80 pc
- Modiâs mark on BJP manifesto
- Possible signals from lost jet's black boxes heard
- Revenge remark: EC issues notice to Amit Shah
- April 7 Campaign roundup: BJP talking of minority welfare is like Dracula heading blood bank, says Congress; AAP will not even win a single seat in LS polls, says Kalyan Singh
With the accreditation from the National Accreditation Board for Education and Training (NABET) coming through, Kendriya Vidyalaya (KV), Ganeshkhind has become the only KV in the city to be accredited by the board. Apart from KV Ganeshkhind, KV at IIT Bombay is the only other KV to have been accredited by the body in the Mumbai region.
NABET is a body that rates schools according to the standards developed by its parent organisation Quality Council of India (QCI), an autonomous body set up by Government of India and Indian Industry, to establish and operate accreditation structure and promote quality through a nationwide quality campaign.
Expressing happiness at the achievement, Principal Keerti Sharma, said, "Getting accreditation from a body like NABET is very prestigious. A team from the board had visited our school to inspect our paperwork as well as system of teaching. We met the standards set by the body and proved our quality."
Speaking about the way an accreditation helps in raising the education standards, Sharma added, "Accreditation helps to ensure that education and support process have synergy to provide for the holistic development of a student. It gives a distinctive mark of quality that accords recognition of the school¿s commitment to quality. The staff of an accredited school develops a new mindset and a systematic approach towards delivering education as opportunities are created for upgrading skills and knowledge through continuous learning and training."
CP Prashanth, accreditation co-ordinator of the school, said getting an accreditation helps in ensuring quality work from the staff.
"Accreditation is a process of establishing competence of a school in delivering the requisite elements of education covering curriculum, faculty as well as administrative services. An accreditation like this changes the mindset of the entire staff and inspires them to work harder. Being the only KV in the city to be accredited is a matter of great honour for us and we plan to carry on with the good work."
- Andhra: SEC restrained from declaring municipal polls result
- Bal Thackeray will row: HC adjourns hearing
- EC exploring online voting option for NRIs
- J&K asked to ensure proper probe into Kishtwar violence
- Naveen may slip in his toughest fight, BJP gains on Modi name
- 2 posing as cops held for molestation, robbery bid