‘Kept seeing pulse, heartbeat... thought he was sleeping’
- Modi takes on Mulayam, says SP misleading people under veil of secularism
- Next govt won't be formed without AAP support: Arvind Kejriwal
- Lok Sabha polls likely to commence in seven phases from April 2nd week
- China blames Islamic militants for attack by knife-wielding 'terrorists'
- Ordinances on Seemandhra, Rahul Bills are likely today
"Two-three days back when I checked his pulse, his skin started coming off. I thought it might hurt him, so I did not check him again. He was cold so I covered him with quilts," said Lalita Talwar, mother of 47-year-old Dewakar Talwar whose decomposed body was found at his Sector 37 house on Thursday.
While Dewakar had died at his home, his mother was not ready to believe he was dead. "He was lying on the bed and did not talk to me. He also did not wake up. I kept checking his pulse and heartbeat, and I thought he was sleeping," Lalita told Chandigarh Newsline.
She was also unaware of the smell that had kept the neighbours and relatives away. "There was some kind of a smell in my house. I checked everywhere in the house, I could not find where the smell was coming from. I checked Dewakar, he was also OK," she said.
Asked why she dragged the body outside on Thursday, the mother said, "He was all wet. I checked him. I thought it was because I washed his face or maybe because he had been lying on the bed for many days, he might have passed urine. He was not sweating, he was cold. I wanted to clean the place and get rid of the smell. So I thought I should make him sit outside in the sun."
She said Dewakar had not been keeping well. He had injured his arm in an accident due to which he could not lift weight. "I never asked him to do anything. He did not like me interfering with his life," she added.
Dewakar was unemployed. Both mother and son survived on the pension of Dewakar's father, Swami Talwar, a former Punjab Ranji team captain.
About her younger son, she said, "He lives abroad. He is married with a son. I do not know when he will be coming." She said some relatives visited her. They would be making preparations for Dewakar's funeral. The body is kept in the mortuary of GMS H-16.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha 2014 Candidates – Full list
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today