Kerala: 9-year-old drives Ferrari, father arrested
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
The father of a nine year-old boy, who drove a Ferrari F 430 recently with his five-year- brother along side, causing widesperad outrage, was arrested today and released on bail.
Police sources said Mohd Nisham was arrested by Peramangalam police here, which is investigating the case.
He came with the vehicle and was arrested. Since it was a bailable offence, he was granted bail on furnishing two surities of Rs 5000 each, the officer investigating the case told PTI.
The Ferrari was seized by police and returned to the owner with the direction to produce it in court whenever ordered.
Mohammed Nisham had been booked by police under sect 23 of the Juvenile Justice Act for encouraging underage driving and Motor Vehicles Act for allowing an unlicensed child drive the vehicle after the Youtube video of his son's feet went viral, causing widespread outrage.
Police had summoned Nisham two days ago to explain about allowing his minor son drive the heavy-powered Italian Ferrari.
According to police, the boy drove the vehicle on a private road. Hisham had told police it was his son's birthday and the child wanted to drive the car and permission was granted as he knew there would be no accident.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties