Kerala: 9-year-old drives Ferrari, father arrested
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
The father of a nine year-old boy, who drove a Ferrari F 430 recently with his five-year- brother along side, causing widesperad outrage, was arrested today and released on bail.
Police sources said Mohd Nisham was arrested by Peramangalam police here, which is investigating the case.
He came with the vehicle and was arrested. Since it was a bailable offence, he was granted bail on furnishing two surities of Rs 5000 each, the officer investigating the case told PTI.
The Ferrari was seized by police and returned to the owner with the direction to produce it in court whenever ordered.
Mohammed Nisham had been booked by police under sect 23 of the Juvenile Justice Act for encouraging underage driving and Motor Vehicles Act for allowing an unlicensed child drive the vehicle after the Youtube video of his son's feet went viral, causing widespread outrage.
Police had summoned Nisham two days ago to explain about allowing his minor son drive the heavy-powered Italian Ferrari.
According to police, the boy drove the vehicle on a private road. Hisham had told police it was his son's birthday and the child wanted to drive the car and permission was granted as he knew there would be no accident.