Kerala firm to set up e-toilets in Valley
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
- BJP against withdrawl of sedition charges against Kashmiri students
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Monday launched e-toilets that are customised to function automatically in extreme cold weather.
Tailored to meet sub-zero climatic conditions of Jammu and Kashmir, two e-toilets will be installed at Affarwat and Gulmarg on experimental basis. Besides, a sewage treatment plant will be set up at Dal Lake in Srinagar to address waste dumped by houseboats. Both the projects are being implemented for the J&K Tourism department.
Kerala-based sanitation technology developer Eram Scientific Solutions has designed the e-toilets.