Kerala firm to set up e-toilets in Valley
- Live, Ind vs Aus: Quick strikes put India on top
- Bengal nun gangrape: First arrest made from Mumbai
- Germanwings crash: Chilling report says one pilot left cockpit, was unable to return
- If anything that is defamatory goes off, we will have a very boring Internet: Jaitley
- Hooda govt bent rules to favour Robert Vadra firm: CAG
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Monday launched e-toilets that are customised to function automatically in extreme cold weather.
Tailored to meet sub-zero climatic conditions of Jammu and Kashmir, two e-toilets will be installed at Affarwat and Gulmarg on experimental basis. Besides, a sewage treatment plant will be set up at Dal Lake in Srinagar to address waste dumped by houseboats. Both the projects are being implemented for the J&K Tourism department.
Kerala-based sanitation technology developer Eram Scientific Solutions has designed the e-toilets.