Kerala man jailed for raping, selling daughter
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Two convicts get death sentence, life imprisonment for one
- Ban pellet guns in Kashmir, Omar Abdullah-led delegation asks PM Modi
- PM Modi, Afghan President Ghani jointly inaugurate renovated Stor Palace
- AAP doesn't have money to fight election: Kejriwal
- Kicking off UP poll campaign, Mayawati slams BJP-RSS, SP, is soft on Congress
A special court in Kochi on Wednesday sentenced a man to seven years in jail for raping his minor daughter and selling her into sex trade. Another accused got seven years' jail term while two others got 10 years. The girl's mother and a middleman were acquitted for want of evidence.
The case — Paravoor sex scandal — was reported in March 2011, following the girl's revelation that she had been abused for 18 months. The police had identified 130 persons in the racket, and arrested 90. The prosecution had submitted 10 chargesheets in the special court, where trial of two cases have been completed.
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity
- The government needs to distinguish between crooked NGOs and genuine ones
- India’s quest for Olympic medals is hampered by history and geography
- The Modi government is meeting its development targets before time
- Raja Mandala: The Great Wall of China
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon