Kerala: Man killed, woman hacked, 2 child molesters dead
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
A gang of five men stabbed to death the manager of a guesthouse in Kottayam when he objected to their affair with a guest, the Kerala Police said Wednesday. His alleged killers have been arrested.
In neighbouring Alappuzha, a man enraged by the suicide of his daughter hacked to death her lover's mother. Soon after the girl was found hanging Wednesday morning — the higher secondary school student had reportedly committed suicide because her family was opposed to her relationship — her father rushed to her lover's house and hacked the boy's mother. The boy was not home, the police said.
Meanwhile, a 72-year-old man accused of sexually abusing his minor granddaughter was found dead in Idukki district Tuesday. Vasu and his wife Sarasamma consumed poison, the police said. In Kannur, a handicapped man arrested for sexually abusing his minor niece died in hospital Wednesday. He was arrested along with three of his relatives, including the girl's father.