Kerala raises age limit to buy liquor from 18 to 21
- Mulayam's shocker: Boys will be boys, they make mistakes... Will you hang them for rape?
- Australian PM confident sounds are from missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370
- Aam Aadmi Party battles Modi in Delhi, Congress missing
- First time, Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, calls her change ânakliâ
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Congress leader takes on 'married' Modi, says EC must intervene
Kerala Cabinet on Wednesday ratified the Kerala Abkari Act Amendment Ordinance 2013 which envisages raising the age for buying and selling liquor from 18 to 21. In the new policy announced last year, the Congress government had promised to raise the age to buy or sell liquor from 18 to 21 in tune with its plan to bring down liquor consumption in the state. Besides, the new amendment would make it mandatory for television and movies to show statutory warnings against liquor consumption .