Kerala shocker: 6-year-old sexually abused by father after giving her alcohol
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7: CSK register 93-run victory over hapless DD
In yet another shocker, a six-year-old girl from Kurumpady in Kerala's Ernakulam district was allegedly sexually abused by her 40-year-old father for six months after forcing her to drink alcohol.
Police have registered a case against the man, who is absconding, following a complaint from the girl's mother that he had been sexually abusing the child for the past six months.
Police said the case has been registered under Protection of Children against Sexual Offences Act and section 328 of IPC (giving liquor to a minor).
Ajeesh Ramachandran, psychiatrist of the Government District hospital, Aluva, who treated the child, said the girl had stated that her father used to give her alcohol every day before sexually abusing her. She has also named 4-5 friends of her father who also abused her, he said.
The incident came to light after the child was first taken to a paediatrician and then a psychiatrist of a hospital at nearby Aluva when she showed some behavioural problems.
After some counselling sessions, the child informed Ajeesh that she had been sexually abused by her father and few others. The mother then decided to file a police complaint.
The girl's parents are separated. The mother, who was with her two minor daughters, was living in orphanages and a year ago, she urged the father to take care of one of the daughters. The man took the six-year-old child with him six months ago.
The latest incident comes close on the heels of two other similar instances from Kottayam and Kannur districts.
In Kottayam, police arrested a man who had allegedly sexually abused his two minor daughters aged 13 and 15 for two years, while at Dharmadom in Kannur, the father, 15-year-old brother and an uncle of a 13-year-old girl had been arrested last month on charges of raping her.
- Being the humans of Bombay
- Mere pass space hai
- A ‘woman Modi’ seeks votes for Mulayam Singh’s party in Indore
- They refused to vote because of Kalyan, vow to turn out now and shut his son out
- Ex-Ulfa leader upsets equations in Bodo bastion Kokrajhar
- In Maharashtra, Muslims bitter but see few options beyond Cong