Kerala shocker: 6-year-old sexually abused by father after giving her alcohol
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
In yet another shocker, a six-year-old girl from Kurumpady in Kerala's Ernakulam district was allegedly sexually abused by her 40-year-old father for six months after forcing her to drink alcohol.
Police have registered a case against the man, who is absconding, following a complaint from the girl's mother that he had been sexually abusing the child for the past six months.
Police said the case has been registered under Protection of Children against Sexual Offences Act and section 328 of IPC (giving liquor to a minor).
Ajeesh Ramachandran, psychiatrist of the Government District hospital, Aluva, who treated the child, said the girl had stated that her father used to give her alcohol every day before sexually abusing her. She has also named 4-5 friends of her father who also abused her, he said.
The incident came to light after the child was first taken to a paediatrician and then a psychiatrist of a hospital at nearby Aluva when she showed some behavioural problems.
After some counselling sessions, the child informed Ajeesh that she had been sexually abused by her father and few others. The mother then decided to file a police complaint.
The girl's parents are separated. The mother, who was with her two minor daughters, was living in orphanages and a year ago, she urged the father to take care of one of the daughters. The man took the six-year-old child with him six months ago.
The latest incident comes close on the heels of two other similar instances from Kottayam and Kannur districts.
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?