Kerala's top film honour for actor-director J Sasikumar
- Siachen avalanche: Lance Naik Hanamanthappa passes away three days after miraculous rescue
- Dr RK Pachauri goes on leave as TERI Chancellor, won't attend March 7 convocation
- Ishrat Jahan's mother on Headley deposition: Ploy by those guilty to salvage their names
- Write-offs a scam, small loans rarely in it, says former RBI Deputy Governor
- David Headley received money from ISI, LeT and Dr Rana
Malayalam actor-director J Sasikumar has been selected for Kerala's highest film honour J C Daniel award, the state's version of nation's topmost film honour, Phalke award.
Sasikumar, who holds a record for directing as many as 141 films, is known for his box-office hits of the 1960s and 70s, most of them featuring Kerala's "ever green" hero Premnazir in the lead role.
The award, instituted in memory of father of Malayalam cinema J C Daniel, was announced by minister for cinema K B Ganesh Kumar here.
The annual award, given for outstanding contributions to Malayalam cinema, carries a purse of Rs 1 lakh, citiation and memento.
The selection was made by a jury headed by music director M K Arjunan.