Keralite boy suffers burns in ragging by seniors
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
A 19-year-old boy, doing his Business Management course in a college at Tumkur in Karnataka, has been admitted to a hospital after he was allegedly ragged by senior students, police said on Monday.
Mohammed Rafi, hailing from Vellimunda in Kerala's Wayanad district, was a first year BBM student of Sri Siddharth Institute of Business Management, police said.
His relatives said he was physically assaulted and his head dipped in hot water last Saturday, resulting in burns to his neck and face. He was ragged as he did not attend a function in the college organised by the seniors, they said.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness