Keralite boy suffers burns in ragging by seniors
- Dadri: Outrage after mob lynches man for allegedly consuming beef
- At United Nations, Pak PM Sharif plays his old tune on Kashmir
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Death sentence for 5 convicts, life for 7
- Modi's foreign visits need to be backed up with action on ground: Rajan
- Diesel rates up by 50 paise from midnight tonight, no change in petrol price
A 19-year-old boy, doing his Business Management course in a college at Tumkur in Karnataka, has been admitted to a hospital after he was allegedly ragged by senior students, police said on Monday.
Mohammed Rafi, hailing from Vellimunda in Kerala's Wayanad district, was a first year BBM student of Sri Siddharth Institute of Business Management, police said.
His relatives said he was physically assaulted and his head dipped in hot water last Saturday, resulting in burns to his neck and face. He was ragged as he did not attend a function in the college organised by the seniors, they said.