Keshubhai taunts CM: At 84, I am stronger than him
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
Gujarat Parivartan Party founder Keshubhai Patel on Tuesday brought up the issue of fake encounters to attack his bete noire Narendra Modi in back-to-back meetings at Varachha, Katargam and Udhna in Surat.
"In his rule, Narendra Modi prepared sychophants who always praised him. They carried out fake encounters by the police in Gujarat claiming there was a threat to Modi's life. Now the policemen who carried out the encounters are in jail. So isn't there a threat on Narendra Modi's life now? Why is nobody coming to kill Modi? This man is spreading pure lies," Keshubhai told excited crowds at Katargam.
The former CM also talked of "Godmother" Santokhben Jadeja to tell the crowd how he reined in crime during his tenure. "Porbandar's Santokhben Jadeja used to kill people, tie them behind her vehicle, drag them and throw them in the hospital. People used to shiver. Nobody had the courage to even look her in the face. I leashed such criminals," he said, referring also to the arrest of Ahmedabad's underworld don Abdul Latif in his rule.
"At 84, I travel by road 600 kms and hold six meetings in a day, and I am still strong. Narendra Modi attends four meetings by chopper and gets tired. So who is stronger?" asked Bapa as the crowd screamed "Bapa tame majboot." (Bapa you are strong)
At Varachha, Keshubhai said Modi was behind Navjyot Sidhu calling him a traitor. "He sent Sidhu to Visavadar and made him say I am a traitor. Am I a traitor?" The crowd roared, "Naaaa...Bapa, you go ahead, we are with you".
"It has been six days. So far, Narendra Modi has not stopped Sidhu, not rapped him, what does it mean? Narendra modi is behind it," said Patel.
He promised free power to farmers in rural areas, and first 100 units of power free to people living in cities. "We will raise taxes on industries and the revenue earned from them will make up for this," he said.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress