Kevin Pietersen is cricket's answer to Muhammad Ali: Viv Richards
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Two convicts get death sentence, life imprisonment for one
- Ban pellet guns in Kashmir, Omar Abdullah-led delegation asks PM Modi
- PM Modi, Afghan President Ghani jointly inaugurate renovated Stor Palace
- AAP doesn't have money to fight election: Kejriwal
- Kicking off UP poll campaign, Mayawati slams BJP-RSS, SP, is soft on Congress
West Indian batting legend Vivian Richards reckons Kevin Pietersen is cricket's answer to Muhammad Ali, and believes the English batsman has got the "X-factor" to respond to his critics in the upcoming four-Test series in India.
Richards, who won seven Tests in India with the great West Indies teams of the 1970s and 80s, finds a similarity between Pietersen and the world's greatest boxer in terms of their behaviours.
"Kevin is a good player but talks himself into some issues. In the old days we had Muhammad Ali - - the way he spoke and acted, people wanted to see him knocked out. But he was a great boxer," Richards was quoted as saying by 'The Sun'.
"Now I'm not saying KP is exactly like Ali, that man was the greatest. But you can see through his behaviour that people want to take him down that little bit more. But because he has the X-factor he can respond to it.
"Looking from afar, he's his own worst enemy but you can't deny how good he is to watch and how important he is to England," the West Indian great added.
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity
- The government needs to distinguish between crooked NGOs and genuine ones
- India’s quest for Olympic medals is hampered by history and geography
- The Modi government is meeting its development targets before time
- Raja Mandala: The Great Wall of China
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon