Kevin Pietersen is cricket's answer to Muhammad Ali: Viv Richards
- Indrani told ex-husband if Sheena dies, we share Peter’s fortune, says Police
- Patidar Protests: Gujarat braces for a funeral as Hardik Patel heads to Delhi today
- Govt plans to set up teams of experts to quickly react to ‘negative news’
- Uttarakhand, 2 years later: A reason to smile
- Inform me of your meetings with minister Prakash Javadekar: MoeF Secretary to team
West Indian batting legend Vivian Richards reckons Kevin Pietersen is cricket's answer to Muhammad Ali, and believes the English batsman has got the "X-factor" to respond to his critics in the upcoming four-Test series in India.
Richards, who won seven Tests in India with the great West Indies teams of the 1970s and 80s, finds a similarity between Pietersen and the world's greatest boxer in terms of their behaviours.
"Kevin is a good player but talks himself into some issues. In the old days we had Muhammad Ali - - the way he spoke and acted, people wanted to see him knocked out. But he was a great boxer," Richards was quoted as saying by 'The Sun'.
"Now I'm not saying KP is exactly like Ali, that man was the greatest. But you can see through his behaviour that people want to take him down that little bit more. But because he has the X-factor he can respond to it.
"Looking from afar, he's his own worst enemy but you can't deny how good he is to watch and how important he is to England," the West Indian great added.