KFA says two months’ pay remitted
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Kingfisher Airlines said it has started remitting two months' salaries to its employees who have not been paid for the last 10 months. "We have released two months salaries to our staff," a Kingfisher Airlines spokesperson said.
The move comes a day before the commencement of the Indian Premier League in which airline promoter Vijay Mallya owns the Royal Challengers Bangalore team.
"Last time, when Formula 1 race was being organised, afraid of our protests, the management had paid our one month salary and assured us to pay the remaining dues in instalments. But they never kept that promise. This time, we will protest outside the venue wherever Bangalore team play their matches," said SC Mishra, a member of the airline's engineers association.