KGMU to introduce trauma management course for undergrads
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
In order to deliver better trauma management services, King George Medical University (KGMU) has decided to introduce the course of Trauma Management for undergraduate students from the current academic session. In post graduate courses, the varsity is also planning to introduce special trauma management training and exchange programmes for students.
Vice Chancellor Dr DK Gupta said this during a medical conference on Trauma Management organised by the university in Lucknow on Wednesday. "We will be introducing a course on trauma management at undergraduate level from the current session. The course will be introduced in second and third professional years of MBBS," said Dr Gupta. Dr TS Siddhu, Director, PGIMS and Medical Superintendent, RML Hospital in New Delhi, who participated in the conference also proposed an exchange programme for doctors and paramedical staff working at KGMU's trauma centre with those working at RML.