- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
He has delighted the country with some of the most popular romantic, action and comedy films. Forty seven-year-old "King of Bollywood" Shah Rukh Khan, who was in the Capital on Thursday, shared his thoughts right before he stepped out on the terrace of The Leela Palace to launch the new collection of Tag Heuer watches on Thursday night. Dressed in a blue shirt and a pair of denims, the look was made complete with a dash of humour and wit as Khan spoke about life, his inspiration and upcoming projects.
What are your upcoming films?
I am finishing Chennai Express, and hopefully, that should complete in another 45 days. There is Farah Khan's Happy New Year on the cards, and also A for Apple, B for Billi, C for Cutta. Day before yesterday, I began working on three other projects.
Who has been the inspiration for you through all these years?
I am inspired by my parents. I got inspired by the circumstances that I lost my parents early and that I need to do something to get my mind off the sadness of losing them. Now I am inspired by my children — their simplicity, innocence and the unconditional faith that one has at that age. I like their sense of humour too.
Do you think you are a role model for your children?
I am not. I don't want to impress upon them. I just hope they choose me as a role model.
Is there any fictional character in a recent movie that you can relate to at this point in your life?
There is this American series I am watching these days. It's called Breaking Bad. It is about this guy who is making drugs. Not that part since people get shocked when I say this (laughs). I like the character called Walter and find it interesting. I watch it with my son and perhaps it is the wrong series to watch with a 15-year-old. The character is really cool, quiet and calm.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness