Kharghar rape: Main accused, 3 others held
- Obama rules out putting US troops on ground to fight Islamic State
- Heavy rainfall floods Tamil Nadu, rail, road services badly hit; 71 killed so far
- Azam Khan's remarks on Paris attacks spark row, BJP demands action
- French officials identify Belgian national as suspected mastermind
- Awards recognition of talent, they should be cherished: Prez
Police on Saturday arrested four more persons, including main accused Jeetendra Nishad (30) alias Jeetu, for the alleged gangrape of a 19-year-old Dombivali resident.
Nishad allegedly abducted the victim, with whom he had an extramarital affair earlier, on April 19 and confined her in the home of a friend in Kharghar, where she was gangraped.
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since
- Tipu Sultan: Revisionist overlook his bigotry, contemporaries saw nothing else
- True successors of Gandhi-Nehru
- Raja-Mandala: The final burial of non-alignment
- Modi in Britain: Beyond a reiteration of good intentions, little was achieved
- The government’s version of the uniform civil code must be debated publicly