Kharghar rape: Main accused, 3 others held
- Parliament LIVE: Snooping on Rahul not right, says Congress; 'Asking for facts is not snooping'
- Waste paper to phone use: Govt revives checklist against leaks
- 14 booked for church vandalism in Haryana, cross replaced with Hanuman idol
- Pakistan: Protesters hit the streets after blasts near Lahore churches leave 15 dead
- No arrests in Bengal nun ‘rape’, church attack, local Christians nervous
Police on Saturday arrested four more persons, including main accused Jeetendra Nishad (30) alias Jeetu, for the alleged gangrape of a 19-year-old Dombivali resident.
Nishad allegedly abducted the victim, with whom he had an extramarital affair earlier, on April 19 and confined her in the home of a friend in Kharghar, where she was gangraped.
Jeetu and Vikas Nikam (23) were arrested in Pen while Rohit Palkhe (19) and Prasad Rangeele alias Golu (23) were nabbed from Panchgani. Police are on the lookout for two other accused. Jeetu's mother Vasubai and Munna Rai, an auto driver were arrested earlier.