Khatri forms media cell, panels
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- RSP quits LDF, to go alone in Lok Sabha elections
Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee president Nirmal Khatri introduced a new UPCC media department and announced various committees at the party headquarters here today.
The UPCC media department now has 11 spokespersons, down from 16 earlier. Only Virendra Madan, Dwijendra Tripathi and Zishan Haider have been retained. Zishan Haider is also the only spokesperson appointed by former UPCC president Rita Joshi who has been retained.
Remaining state spokespersons have also been assigned specific zones. They are: Harendra Aggarwal (Ghaziabad), Santosh Kumar Jatav (Bulandshahr), Dhirendra Singh (Gautambuddh Nagar) and Phoolmati Saini (Moradabad). Vijay Saxena will be the secretary while Ashok Singh will be the co-ordinator. Earlier on Friday, the media committee had been finalised by Nirmal Khatri.
Former minister Ramkrishan Dwivedi has been retained as the chairman of disciplinary committee.
To address public grievances, a 19-member committee under the chairmanship of former MLC Siraj Mehdi has also been appointed. Khurja MLA Banshi Singh Paharia will be its chief coordinator.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today