Khatri forms media cell, panels
- Yadav, Bhushan wanted party's defeat in Delhi polls, allege AAP leaders
- Chhattisgarh PDS rice scam: probe widens as police find a list with names, alleged bribes
- Land bill on table, government tells opposition willing to make changes
- His last detention against norms, red flag pre-dated Mufti govt
- Assam MLA claims he warned cops before Dimapur lynching
Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee president Nirmal Khatri introduced a new UPCC media department and announced various committees at the party headquarters here today.
The UPCC media department now has 11 spokespersons, down from 16 earlier. Only Virendra Madan, Dwijendra Tripathi and Zishan Haider have been retained. Zishan Haider is also the only spokesperson appointed by former UPCC president Rita Joshi who has been retained.
Remaining state spokespersons have also been assigned specific zones. They are: Harendra Aggarwal (Ghaziabad), Santosh Kumar Jatav (Bulandshahr), Dhirendra Singh (Gautambuddh Nagar) and Phoolmati Saini (Moradabad). Vijay Saxena will be the secretary while Ashok Singh will be the co-ordinator. Earlier on Friday, the media committee had been finalised by Nirmal Khatri.
Former minister Ramkrishan Dwivedi has been retained as the chairman of disciplinary committee.
To address public grievances, a 19-member committee under the chairmanship of former MLC Siraj Mehdi has also been appointed. Khurja MLA Banshi Singh Paharia will be its chief coordinator.