Kidnapped boy rescued, couple held
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Polling stops in Pune booth due to faulty EVMs
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- âWe gave instant justice, todayâs youth canât stand up for their mothersâ
Police arrested a couple Monday and rescued a seven-year-old boy allegedly kidnapped by them since they had no child in 11 years of their marriage.
The boy named Jaimin had gone missing on February 7 at Amroli in Indiranagar area of Surat.
The couple, identified as Dinesh alias Hira Bajaniya (26), a resident of Hussain Tekra, and his wife Hansa, had first befriended the boy's parents to execute their plan.
"After kidnapping the boy, the couple took him to various places in the state. Dinesh used to perform cycle stunts in fun fairs where he would take the boy along to join him in his performance," Joint Commissioner of Police A K Sharma told reporters.
The boy's mother, Bhanu Patel, had lodged a complaint with Amroli police station in Surat stating that Dinesh had kidnapped her son. Surat police, however, were struggling to find Dinesh with this limited information.
Meanwhile, Ahmedabad police received a tip-off that Dinesh and his wife were coming from Bahucharaji temple in Mehsana after attending a fun fair there. They were travelling in a private vehicle with the kidnapped boy and were arrested at Asarva as soon as they reached Ahmedabad.
City police have handed over the rescued boy to a Surat police team that had come to the city along with the boy's mother.
The couple would be handed over to Surat police.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18