Kidnapped, gangraped, sold, 17-yr-old Karnal girl rescued
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- RSP quits LDF, to go alone in Lok Sabha elections
The Karnal police has rescued a 17-year-old girl after she was kidnapped from near her home in October, last year. Following her kidnapping, she was allegedly gangraped by the accused, who later sold her to another group, which forced her into prostitution.
On Wednesday, the police produced three accused in the case before the court, which sent them to judicial custody.
The girl was recovered by the police on January 14. Following this, they produced her before the court and got her statements recorded under Section 164 of the CrPC.
On October 31, last year, the girl — a resident of Karnal — had left home to buy some groceries. When she did not return home, her mother lodged a complaint with the police. On November 1, the victim's mother told the police that her daughter used to carry a cellphone, given to her by their neighbour. She further alleged that the neighbour and her son had played a vital role in kidnapping the girl.
"We started investigating the case and arrested two persons on November 5. After that, we arrested the neighbour on November 9. We kept on following the case and on December 22, the court issued arrest warrants for the neighbour's son. Finally, we managed to trace the girl to Sonepat," Karnal police spokesperson said.
"Three accused, who had kept the girl in their custody at a house in Sonepat, were also arrested and produced in the court today.
The prime accused in the case, the neighbour's son, is absconding," he added. The three accused arrested on on November 5 and 9 are already in judicial custody.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today