Kidnapped, gangraped, sold, Karnal girl rescued
- Cabinet rejects Rahul Gandhi's ordinance agenda, clears Jat reservation
- Modi takes on Mulayam, says SP misleading people under veil of secularism
- Next govt won't be formed without AAP support: Arvind Kejriwal
- Lok Sabha polls likely to commence in seven phases from April 2nd week
- China blames Islamic militants for attack by knife-wielding 'terrorists'
The Karnal police Wednesday produced in court three persons arrested in a case involving abduction, gangrape and trafficking of a 17-year-old girl. The court sent them to judicial custody. The girl was rescued by the police on January 14, almost three months after she went missing. She was allegedly taken away from near her home, gangraped and sold, forcing her into prostitution.
On October 31 last year, the girl had stepped out to buy groceries but did not return home. Her mother filed a complaint. On November 1, she told the police that her daughter had a mobile phone that was given by their neighbour. She alleged that the nieghbour's son played a key role in the kidnapping. The police made him the prime accused. He is still at large.
Two persons were arrested on November 5. "After that we arrested the neighbour on November 9," the Karnal police spokesperson said.
The police said they traced the girl to a Sonepat house. "We raided the place and rescued her. Three persons had kept the girl in their custody at a house. We arrested and produced them in court today," the spokesperson said.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha 2014 Candidates – Full list
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today