‘Kidnapped’ Surat boy found dead, two held
- Live, Ind vs Aus: Quick strikes put India on top
- Bengal nun gangrape: First arrest made from Mumbai
- Germanwings crash: Chilling report says one pilot left cockpit, was unable to return
- If anything that is defamatory goes off, we will have a very boring Internet: Jaitley
- Hooda govt bent rules to favour Robert Vadra firm: CAG
The body of a 11-year-old allegedly kidnapped boy was found near a water canal at Simada village in Surat on Friday. Police arrested two men in this connection.
According to police, the duo kidnapped the boy 15 days ago for ransom money.
As per details, Heth Bhanderi, a resident of Tulsidarshan society in Varachha, went to a nearby shop on February 1 evening. Couple of hours later, when the boy didn't return home, his father Sanjay, a diamond polisher by profession, searched for him, but in vain. Later, they registered a complaint at Kapodara police station in this connection.
On Friday, police picked up one Jayenti Thummer (19), a resident of the same society, under suspicion.
During preliminary interrogation, Thummer broke down and confessed to have killed Heth, police said. He also disclosed name of his friend Bhalara who was also involved in the kidnap and murder of the boy. The police later recovered the body wrapped in plastic bag near a water canal at Simada village.
Additional Commissioner of Police B S Jebaliya said, "We have arrested two men involved in the case. The motive behind kidnapping was to extract money from the Sanjay. Duo had killed Heth on the next day of kidnapping him."