Kila Raipur rural festival to start from tomorrow
- Modi's silence on bigotry, intolerance indicates his consent: Congress
- Uber rape case: Cabbie Shiv Kumar Yadav gets life imprisonment
- Govt against Swamy's plea for ending provision on hate speech
- There can't be wholesale changes in the collegium system: SC
- Where's the intolerance? India most vibrant democracy, committed to peaceful coexistence: Arun Jaitley
The Kila Raipur rural sports festival will start from January 31 and continue till February 3.
Bullock cart races will be the main attraction of the festival. Last year, the bullock cart races had been banned following the orders of the Rural Development Ministry.
However, the Grewal Sports Association took the matter to High Court where they won the case.
Sukhbir Grewal, president of the sports association, said bullock cart races were traditional games which would be back with fanfare.
Apart from this, other rural sports — loading-unloading of trolley, kabaddi, motor cycle race, and race of donkey carts — will be conducted in the festival.
- With 20 per cent web penetration, concerns over net neutrality seem elitist in India
- Raghuram Rajan’s instrumental view isn’t as full a defence of tolerance as we need
- Indian economists working on agriculture is worryingly low
- Centre-state cooperation efforts need to be strengthened
- India-Africa summit opened up space to reinvent an old relationship
- To reform tax policy, government must think about it more clearly