Kila Raipur rural festival to start from tomorrow
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Kila Raipur rural sports festival will start from January 31 and continue till February 3.
Bullock cart races will be the main attraction of the festival. Last year, the bullock cart races had been banned following the orders of the Rural Development Ministry.
However, the Grewal Sports Association took the matter to High Court where they won the case.
Sukhbir Grewal, president of the sports association, said bullock cart races were traditional games which would be back with fanfare.
Apart from this, other rural sports — loading-unloading of trolley, kabaddi, motor cycle race, and race of donkey carts — will be conducted in the festival.
About Rs 7 lakh will be the prize money for bullock cart races.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun