Kila Raipur rural festival to start from tomorrow
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
The Kila Raipur rural sports festival will start from January 31 and continue till February 3.
Bullock cart races will be the main attraction of the festival. Last year, the bullock cart races had been banned following the orders of the Rural Development Ministry.
However, the Grewal Sports Association took the matter to High Court where they won the case.
Sukhbir Grewal, president of the sports association, said bullock cart races were traditional games which would be back with fanfare.
Apart from this, other rural sports — loading-unloading of trolley, kabaddi, motor cycle race, and race of donkey carts — will be conducted in the festival.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress