Kila Raipur rural festival to start from tomorrow
- Finally, the axe falls: AAP expels Prashant Bhushan, Yogendra Yadav and 2 others for ‘anti-party’ activities
- SC refuses to dismiss National Green Tribunal's ban on 15-year-old vehicles in Delhi
- In House, land line gives Congress a Rahul recharge
- The Failing Fields: Wheat crop damaged, only seeds of discord at Punjab’s mega mandi
- Two ‘Pak’ boats with heroin seized near Gujarat, 8 held
The Kila Raipur rural sports festival will start from January 31 and continue till February 3.
Bullock cart races will be the main attraction of the festival. Last year, the bullock cart races had been banned following the orders of the Rural Development Ministry.
However, the Grewal Sports Association took the matter to High Court where they won the case.
Sukhbir Grewal, president of the sports association, said bullock cart races were traditional games which would be back with fanfare.
Apart from this, other rural sports — loading-unloading of trolley, kabaddi, motor cycle race, and race of donkey carts — will be conducted in the festival.
About Rs 7 lakh will be the prize money for bullock cart races.