Kin all dead, two teenaged sisters raped for six months
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7: CSK register 93-run victory over hapless DD
Two teenaged sisters, reportedly abandoned by their parents, were allegedly raped over a six-month period by two men at their house where they were working as maids, police said today.
The siblings, aged 16 and 13, were with their grand-mother who died six months ago and since then they were working as servants at the house of one 59-year-old Nagasamy, they said.
Nagasamy and his relative Chandran (40) allegedly raped them, police said, adding that the girls escaped from their clutches and were found by a service organisation wandering at the bus-stand here.
The matter came to light after the organisation's volunteers questioned them.
A case under IPC section 376 (rape) and Women's Harassment Act was registered and the two men were arrested today, police said. The girls were handed over to the 'Childline' service organisation.
On December 22, a 13-year-old girl was found murdered at Syedunganallur, about 30 km from Tuticorin. Injury marks on the body of class VII student gave rise to suspicion of rape and a 35-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the incident.