Kin refute copsí version of Faizabad death
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
The mob also burnt the house of one Mohammad Zakir and 12 shops. "We kept calling up the police, but they said there was shortage of forces as they were deputed in Faizabad and Bhadarsa," said Haroon.
Later, Haroon and his uncle Jaleel, both tailors, went to the police station where Umar was lying dead and Maroof injured. "Maroof gave the policemen the names of the attackers and narrated the incident. The policeman wrote it down and Maroof was asked to sign it," Haroon said.
According to the FIR, there was a clash between one Shakeel and Mishrilal on October 23 over a trivial issue. Since Shakeel's father Saleem used to visit Umar's house, it antagonised Mishrilal and his supporters who killed Umar on October 25. "My brother told police we had no grudge against Mishrilal," Haroon said.