- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- India does not need a govt that makes Hindus fight Muslims: Rahul
- Giriraj Singh defiant despite FIR, says he stands by his 'Modi critics must go to Pak' remarks
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Uma Bharti says Robert Vadra will be in jail if NDA comes to power
Jacques Kallis wore his greatness lightly
Jacques Kallis fans across the world will never fumble for words in those Greatest Of All Time debates. Third on all-time batting charts, close to 300 wickets and 200 catches — by the time he walked off the Test arena at Kingsmead on Monday, Kallis had armed his supporters with winning arguments for any such future debate.
In case Kallis-doubters refuse to get intimidated by numbers, there are other trump cards. An Australian can be stunned into silence by bringing to his notice that Kallis has more runs than Alan Border and more wickets than Craig McDermott. The English will surrender once told that Graham Gooch needed to be a bowler as prolific as Graeme Swann to be compared with Kallis. In an Indian context, the equation is: Rahul Dravid plus Bishan Singh Bedi equal Kallis. Replace Dravid with Lara and Bedi with Holding, if it's a West Indian questioning Kallis' greatness. And in case he tries to get Gary Sobers, the greatest all-rounder of the last century, into the conversation, quote Ian Chappell. "In years to come, as they gaze upon the cold, hard statistics, young cricket fans will wonder what the old-timers were gushing about when they said Gary Sobers is the best cricketer of all time."
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota